The Optimists Creed
• To be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind.
• To talk health, happiness and prosperity to every person you meet.
• To make all your friends feel that there is something worthwhile in them.
• To look at the sunny side of everything and make your optimism come true.
• To think only of the best, to work only for the best, and to expect only the best.
• To be just as enthusiastic about the success of others as you are about your own.
• To forget the mistakes of the past and press on to the greater
achievements of the future.
• To wear a cheerful countenance at all times and give every living
creature you meet a smile.
• To give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others.
• To be too large for worry, too noble for anger, too strong for fear, and too happy to permit the presence of trouble.
Recipe for my Blueberry Strawberry Smoothie:
1. 1 cup of organic blueberries (fresh or frozen)
2. 1/2 cup of organic strawberries (hulls removed)
3. 1 ripened banana (peeled)
4. 16 oz. of purified or alkaline water
5. 2 drops of liquid Stevia (optional)
6. ice cubes
Place all of the above ingredients into your blender of choice (soft stuff first, hard stuff last), and blend on high for about 2-3 minutes. Enjoy!
The dairy industry is putting pressure on the Food & Drug Administration (FDA) to include artificial sweeteners in cow’s milk. This is in response to public out-cry about the excessive amounts of sugar found in most food and beverages. This will just add to my personal list of reasons to avoid cow’s milk altogether.
To learn more, click here.
I decided today to periodically post a recipe for my ‘Green Smoothie of the Day’. These will be tagged under ‘smoothie’ and are guaranteed to be delicious!
Place all of the above ingredients into your blender of choice (soft stuff first, hard stuff last), and blend on high for about 2 minutes. And of course, make sure that the spinach and lettuce are thoroughly washed before blending. Enjoy!
Recipe for my special Strawberry Banana ‘Surprise’ Smoothie:
1. 2 ripened bananas (peels removed)
2. 2 cups organic strawberries (hulls removed)
3. 1 ripened, medium-sized avocado (skin and pit removed)
4. 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
5. 2 TBSP agave nectar (optional)
6. ice cubes
Place all of the above ingredients into your blender of choice (soft stuff first, hard stuff last), and blend on high for about 2 minutes.
****The surprise in this smoothie is…….you guessed it! It’s the avocado! Most people will use some type of yogurt to give the smoothie a creamy texture but I prefer to use a ripened avocado instead. It’s a healthier option and it leaves the smoothie with a creamy texture that you just wouldn’t believe! The taste is INCREDIBLE! Enjoy!